Online session rules – general
- Ensure you have a large clear space to carry out moves safely – surroundings should be clear of other people and objects.
- Be aware of your ceiling height.
- Ensure the floor is not slippy or wet. It should be suitable for exercise, i.e. a flat surface such as grass for outdoors, or matting/appropriate flooring for indoors.
- Do not use furniture as an alternative for gym equipment.
- Bring a bottle of water to stay hydrated but keep any liquids a safe distance away.
- Work within the skills being taught in the session only.
Additional online session rules – juniors/teens
- A parent/adult must be in the room and directly supervising juniors – online sessions/videos should not be used if a child or young person is home alone.
- Two adults, one being a minimum level 2 coach, will be present during online junior sessions. 1 instructor:1 junior member contact is not allowed.
- ETKO Sports Academy’s values, behavioural standards, policies and procedures still apply during these sessions.
Notice of risk
ETKO Sports Academy recognises our obligations to make our participants aware of the risks and hazards associated with the physical activities we provide online.
Participants may suffer injuries, possibly minor, serious, or catastrophic in nature. All our sports can be dangerous and could lead to injury. Participants – and parents/carers of junior/teen participants – should be aware of the possibility of injury. Juniors/teens should be supervised by an adult while following online training.
When accessing online training, the risk of injury is assumed on the viewer. You agree that by participating in online training provided by ETKO Sports Academy, you do so entirely at your own risk.
Release and waiver of liability
ETKO Sports Academy, its instructors and other staff members will not accept responsibility for injuries sustained by any participant during online training. By signing up for online training, I acknowledge these risks of injury, and I agree that ETKO Sports Academy, its staff, owners and representatives will not be responsible for any such injuries.
By signing up for online training, you consent to you/your child’s participation in the sessions offered by ETKO Sports Academy and assume full responsibility for any injuries, losses or damages to you/your child or you/their property. You hereby expressly agree to waive all claims against ETKO Sports Academy Ltd, its staff, instructors or other associated individuals, for any and all injuries, claims or damages that might incur. This waiver does not exclude or limit ETKO Sports Academy’s liability in respect of any death or personal injury caused by ETKO Sports Academy’s negligence.
You acknowledge that you have carefully read this waiver and release and fully understand that it is a release of liability.
This waiver and any disputes or claims arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of Scotland. The courts of Scotland shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with this letter or its subject matter or formation.
By signing up for online training, I acknowledge I have read the above and agree to all of these terms and I represent that I have legal capacity to act on behalf of the child/teen enrolled in the online session(s).