ETKO Sports Academy Terms and Conditions (ClassForKids members)
All ETKO Sports Academy Ltd (ETKO Sports Academy) participants must abide by the following guidelines. By accepting these terms and conditions you are agreeing that you have read and understood the following rules.
Class Arrival / Departure
1. The car park is shared with Hoodles Playbarn & Coffee shop and attracts considerable volumes of traffic. It is the parent or guardian’s responsibility to ensure the safe arrival and exit of their children from the car park to the facility and vice versa.
2. Parents/carers should arrive in good time to collect their child and are asked to wait quietly in our reception area, taking care not to obstruct fire exits and doorways. At the session end, ETKO Sports Academy instructors will escort children from the gymnasium back into reception to return each child to their parent/carer.
3. Parents or guardians and other family members are not permitted inside the gymnasium unless prior arrangements have been authorised (except ETKO Gym Babies and ETKO Gym Tots classes). Regular viewing times will be made available throughout the year.
4. Please be on time to collect your child/children, and please inform the coach in charge if you have arranged for someone else to pick up your child/children.
1. Children changing in or out of leotards or completely undressing must change in the changing rooms provided and not in the reception area.
2. No gymnastic moves should be performed in any area other than the gym.
3. Parents are responsible for their children while in the reception area. As a courtesy to the staff and other members, we request that noise be kept to a minimum. Children are not allowed to run around in the reception area.
4. Parents, carers and children must take care not to block fire exits and other doors within the reception area.
1. ETKO Sports Academy reserves the right to refuse admission and to dismiss pupils (including the right to ask any pupil to leave the class) for any of the following reasons:-
• For misbehaviour or willful damage.
• For breach of any ETKO Sports Academy rules, conditions, regulations or policies.
• Should the pupil not respond appropriately to the in-house programme.
1. ETKO Sports Academy will make every effort to carry out its part of the bookings but cancellations may be necessary on certain occasions, for example extreme weather conditions, essential repairs and maintenance, or any other extreme unforeseeable circumstances. In the unlikely event that a class needs to be cancelled, ETKO Sports Academy will provide as much notice as possible to its members.
2. ETKO Sports Academy will not be held liable, or be required to pay compensation for any loss incurred as a result of, or in any way arising out of, the cancellation.
Participation in Classes
1. Gymnastics, trampolining, wrestling and fitness activities have an inherent risk of injury and although ETKO Sports Academy will endeavor to minimise risk, accidents may still happen. It is incumbent on all members to abide by the safety rules and codes of conduct at all times. By agreeing to the terms and conditions you are accepting the risks associated with the activities that take place within our classes, parties and camps.
2. By agreeing to the terms and conditions you are agreeing to appropriate first aid to be issued to your child in the event of any incident.
3. All participants must:-
• Wear appropriate clothing. Please see clothing section;
• Not go on the equipment without the supervision of the coach;
• Inform the coach at the start of a session if they are feeling ill or injured or if any medical conditions have changed.
4. Pupils who do not listen, behave in an inappropriate manner, or who breach any of our ETKO Sports Academy rules may be a danger to themselves and/or to others and will be spoken to about their behaviour. If the behaviour does not improve they may be asked to sit out for the rest of the session. This is for the safety of other members.
5. No items of food or drink, other than water bottles, are allowed in the gymnasium at any time.
6. Participation in our ETKO Gym Tots class is expected to be one child per one adult. If you decide to bring another child to the class, you are responsible for the safety of both. If at any time we feel that the safety of you, your children or others is at risk we may ask you to refrain from bringing children who are not an active part of the class.
7. If you are participating in our ETKO Gym Tots class, we advise extreme care if you are also carrying a baby in a sling. There are considerable health and safety risks associated with this, bearing in mind our gymnasium environment and apparatus – and the requirement to monitor and potentially catch your older child. Should you choose to carry your baby within a sling during class it as at your own risk. If at any point we feel that the safety of you, your children or others is at risk we may ask you to refrain from bringing children who are not an active part of the class.
8. Parents and friends will only be permitted to observe classes on allocated days, unless prior arrangements have been made. Regular viewing times will be made available throughout the year. Please do not be offended if you ask to watch a class and we do not allow you.
Personal Information / Medical Information
1. You must keep the personal information (including medical information) you provided upon registration updated with any changes. Your personal information can be accessed and updated via your Parent Dashboard login on Class For Kids. We recommend that you regularly check your information to ensure it is up to date and accurate.
2. Any family member or carer who collects your child from class, or who is permitted to receive information/communication from us, should be listed on your Parent Dashboard. By listing a family member or carer on your Parent Dashboard, you are authorising us to release information to them, and/or to use them as an additional contact in case of emergency.
3. All our wrestling members must be registered with the British Wrestling Association (BWA). The BWA membership provides insurance for all participants in the sport at our facility. The process of membership registrations and the annual costs are covered by ETKO Sports Academy. Parents will receive an email from email@example.com asking for parental consent for their child’s information to be held on the BWA membership system. The information BWA will hold is the wrestler’s name and date of birth, and the parent/carer’s contact email address. Any queries about the BWA membership can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Any child who requires an inhaler must have it clearly marked with the child’s name. It should be handed to the coach in charge of the class at the beginning of the lesson for safekeeping and collected again at the end.
1. For Health & Safety purposes, ETKO Sports Academy uniforms are mandatory as part of our dress code policy. The uniforms must be worn for all gymnastics and wrestling classes from the ETKO Gym Kids age group upwards. For more information on uniform options please contact our reception team.
2. ETKO Sports Academy uniforms are optional for children attending ETKO Gym Babies and ETKO Gym Tots classes. All children attending ETKO Gym Tots classes should wear comfortable clothing to allow freedom of movement while at the same time not being open, loose or floppy for safety reasons. Shorts and t-shirts or leotards and shorts are advised.
3. All long hair must be tied back so that no loose or long sections pose a health and safety risk of being caught within equipment.
4. It is forbidden to wear jewellery of any description in the gymnasium. This includes ETKO Gym Babies and ETKO Gym Tots parents/carers. All jewellery – including watches and fitness trackers – should be removed prior to entry. No studs, earrings or piercings should be worn during classes. New piercings may be covered by plasters or tape, however this is the responsibility of the parent/carer. We therefore also recommend that piercings are made when they will have time to heal (i.e. at the start of an extended holiday period).
5. Children must be barefoot during training unless there are any medical reasons, which should be discussed with the coach in charge of the child’s class when joining.
6. ETKO Gym Babies and ETKO Gym Tots parents or guardians who enter the gymnasium must remove their shoes but can wear socks.
Personal Property and Car Park
1. We recommend that all items of clothing are clearly marked with the child’s name.
2. We do keep lost items in a lost property box and this can be accessed by asking a member of staff. Please note that on the last day of each term the contents of the box will be disposed of.
3. Personal belongings are left at your own risk and we would therefore advise against taking high-value items into the building.
4. It is hereby understood and agreed that participants are solely responsible for their own belongings whilst visiting ETKO Sports Academy. ETKO Sports Academy does not accept liability for loss of, or damage to personal property (including for the avoidance of doubt any loss or damage to any vehicle in the shared Hoodles and ETKO Sports Academy car park).
Fees and Payments
1.Fee payments must be made and up to date prior to class attendance. Members will not be allowed to participate in classes until a monthly subscription has been paid for, or set up on, Class For Kids (our online booking and payment system).
2.Classes run all year round except for the Christmas holiday fortnight and the last two full weeks of the school summer holiday period (as allocated by Aberdeenshire Council), i.e. there are 48 weeks of classes per year (with the exception of our ETKO Runners programme which runs for 40 weeks of the year). Fees for the 48 weeks of classes are spread out over 12 x equal monthly subscription payments, which continue on a rolling basis from year to year. Any extra/specialist sessions will be charged separately – and in addition to – monthly subscription plans.
3. Subscriptions are taken on the first of every month in advance of classes. New members who begin classes mid-month will be asked to make a pro-rated payment. The following month will revert to the normal price.
4. Existing members may be subject to a subscription price change if they change or add classes outside of their original payment plan. If the change takes place mid-month, we may ask you to make a pro-rated payment. Members will be informed by email of the price change if a change to their payment plan is made.
5. Members who do not wish to continue with their classes must provide written notice via email to email@example.com. The subscription will finish at the end of the month in which notice is provided, as long as notice is received by the 23rd of the month at the latest. If notice is provided after the 23rd of the month, we cannot guarantee that it will be possible to cancel the subscription before the next payment on the 1st of the following month. Refunds will not be given for subscription payments that have been taken due to insufficient notice being provided. No part-month refunds will be given. Please contact us directly to process any cancellations, rather than trying to do so via your bank, as this can result in additional charges.
6. Classes cannot be transferred, offered as credits, or refunded once payment has been made.
7. If we are unable to collect your monthly subscription payment on the first of the month, you will be notified and asked to update your card details. The payment will be re-tried for several days and you will be notified each time a payment fails. If after nine days the payment is still unsuccessful, your subscription will be cancelled and we will contact you directly to correct your card details and set your membership back up. We cannot guarantee that a space will be available if you have to rejoin.
8. ETKO Sports Academy reserves the right to change fees, payment options or timetables without prior notice. We will, however, try to inform parents and carers of any changes as soon as possible.
1. It is hereby understood that the staff of ETKO Sports Academy are not physicians or medical practitioners of any kind.
2. All medical conditions (mental or physical) that your child suffers from must be detailed in full when registering your child in our programme, and as noted above under “Personal Information / Medical Information”, it is essential that you keep that information updated via the Parent Dashboard on our Class For Kids system
3. Certain medical conditions may require a doctor’s letter advising that your child is fit to participate in our classes.
Limitation of Liability
1. It is hereby understood and agreed that except as noted in clause 4 below, ETKO Sports Academy accepts no responsibility for accident, injury, illness, loss or misadventure caused to or suffered by the participant on ETKO Sports Academy premises howsoever caused.
2. By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions you agree to waive any and all rights, claims, damages or actions of any kind or nature whatsoever which you have or your child has against ETKO Sports Academy, or an agent, employee, representative or other acting on their behalf.
3. By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions you agree to indemnify and keep indemnified ETKO Sports Academy, or any agent, employee, representative or other acting on their behalf for any injuries suffered by you or your child as a result of engaging in those activities offered by ETKO Sports Academy.
4. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will exclude or limit ETKO Sports Academy’s liability in respect of any:-
• death or personal injury caused by ETKO Sports Academy’s negligence;
• fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of ETKO Sports Academy; or
• matter in respect of which it would be illegal or unlawful for ETKO Sports Academy to exclude or limit, or to attempt or purport to exclude or limit, its liability.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Scottish law and the Courts of Scotland shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any questions or disputes which may arise out of or in connection with same.